Curry leaves - Health benefits
The botanical name of curry leaves is Murraya keonigi. The curry plant is a deciduous shrub that can grow up to a height of 6 meters. These plants are found in the warm tropical climates of the Indian subcontinent. These leaves are used for treating various illnesses in Ayurveda.
- It is iron, calcium and phosphorous. It contains significant amounts of fibers, proteins and carbohydrates.
- Curry leaves aid digestion. It is extensively used in Ayurvedic medicine for treating nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Curry leaves help to flush out fats from our bodies. It reduces the level of bad cholesterol.
- Skin care: The extract of these leaves could cure irritations from insect bite and minor burns.
- Hair Care: It plays important role in hair care also as it retains the black colour of the hair.
- Mother care: Handful of curry leaves when taken immediately increases lactation after delivery.
Regular intake of curry leaves either raw or as juice or in meals benefits us a healthy lifestyle. Check for a refreshing curry leaf juice recipe here....