Health benefits of Mint leaves
Mint as Minta Spacata is a plant that has been long used in diverse cultures, such as India, Middle East and Europe, due to its rich aroma, soothing flavor and curative properties. Mint has a sweet flavor, with a cooling after-sensation. Both, fresh and dried mint are used in preparing a large number of recipes, including curries, soups, chutneys, salads, juices, juleps, candies and ice creams.
Its nutritional conten includes moisture - 84.9 g , protein - 4.8 g, fat - 0.6 g, minerals - 1.9 g, fibre - 2 g, carbohydrate - 5.8 g, calcium - 200 mg, phosphorus - 62 mg, iron - 15.6 mg, carotene - 1620 μg, thiamine - 0.05 mg, niacin - 1 mg, riboflavin - 0.26 mg, folic Acid (Free) - 9.7 μg, Folic Acid (Total) - 114 μg, vitamin C - 27 mg, magnesium - 60 mg, copper - 0.18 mg, manganese - 0.57 mg, zinc - 0.44 mg, chromium - 0.008 mg, oxalic Acid - 33 mg, phytin phosphorus - 4 mg and energy - 48 Kcal
Its health benefits include:
- soothing the digestive tract and easing the severity of stomachaches.
- Drinking herbal mint tea reduces irritated bowel syndromes, cleanses the stomach and also clear up skin disorders such as acne. Provides a cooling sensation to the skin and can help to treat minor burns, itching and skin irritations.
- Mint is a strong diuretic and therefore, helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
- mint reduces the growth of bacteria and fungus in the body on regular intake.
- help in curing asthma and other allergic conditions.
- Crushed mint leaves helps in whitening teeth and combat bad breath. .
- Due to the presence of essential oil called menthol, mint finds its usage in preparing a variety of cosmetics and perfumes and as an important component of many medicines and drugs
- Mint finds extensive usage in the field of aromatherapy. Ease and unblock the breathing and respiratory passages and airways.
- Due to its antipruritic or anti-itch properties, it helps to cure insect stings and bites when added with camphor.
- The phytonutrient, called perillyl alcohol, in mint is believed to prevent colon, skin and lung cancer.
- Relieve minor aches and pains such as muscle cramps and sprains.
- Mint is a very good cleanser for the blood.